Animal Emergency & Specialty Center of Knoxville is proud to offer two board-certified specialists, Wendy Morré, DVM, MS, DACVIM and Jacqueline Whittemore, DVM, PhD, DACVIM (SAIM) to partner with your veterinarian for the best care of your pet. When your dog or cat is in need of advanced diagnostics with specialized equipment or has a complex condition in need of expert assessment, our incredible veterinary internists are the perfect match for your pet.
In our state-of-the-art facility, they utilize advanced technology and diagnostics to best assess your dog’s condition. When your dog needs an ultrasound, endoscopy, CT, or more, Animal Emergency & Specialty Center of Knoxville is your best choice for quick results and compassionate care.
Types of internal medicine
Internal medicine includes multiple disciplines, such as:
- infectious disease
Our veterinarians have been trained to diagnose severe, acute, and chronic illnesses. We can also provide care for complicated conditions where several different disease processes are involved.
Diagnostic services in internal medicine
Our internal medicine capabilities and diagnostic services include the following:
- Video endoscopy, like rhinoscopy, gastro-duodenoscopy, bronchoscopy, proctoscopy/colonoscopy, cystoscopy, and vaginoscopy
- Diagnosis and monitoring of endocrine conditions, including adrenal, thyroid, parathyroid, insulin and sex hormone evaluations, and diabetes
- Feeding tube placements
- Bone marrow biopsies and aspirates
- Tumor biopsies and fine needle aspirates
- Transtracheal/endotracheal washes
- Cerebrospinal Fluid (CSF) taps
- Imaging procedures, including abdominal or thoracic ultrasound, echocardiogram, advanced imaging procedures, such as computed tomography (CT)
- Urological procedures, including voiding hydropropulsion, catheterization for diagnostic sample collection, and urethral stone retropulsion